Thursday, October 16, 2008

Change of plans

Well I suppose I should clear things up and come right out and say it: I'm not going to India...at least, not anytime soon! The whole school thing got totally ridiculous and I decided to just forego that whole business because 1) I couldn't make a 3-year commitment when I wanted to do so much more in 3 years and not know what I was really getting myself into and 2) I had already dealt with so much administration bullshit that I really didn't feel like dealing with more of the same for the next 3 years!

As for my own personal travel plans, well those were supposed to pan out from November-January but as it turns out I was offered some well-paying and musically stimulating gigs here in Regina that I really just couldn't turn down. It will get me playing again, too, which is something I've been missing a ton lately but have found so hard to do without a concrete goal to work towards.

So here I am, feeling like I did 5 years ago when I took a year off after high school - working, saving money, living at home. It's honestly so weird to not be in school. In a way I miss University SO much, but at the same time I'm glad to just be chilling and doing my own thing. I feel so much like the free spirit I've been wanting to be for the longest time :) The only thing is that I also hugely feel the need to be doing something much more creative than working at a restaurant.

Luckily I do have these music gigs. Plus I will be accompanying my sister on her graduating recitals and her music is wickedly awesome, but wickedly hard. I'm grateful for the challenge, though!! I need to get my brain cells recharged.

But what about India?!?! Well it's driving me crazy that I'm not going. What makes it worse is that mon petit coeur de sucre is leaving for India on Sunday!...for a month and a half!! I'm totally jealous that he'll be there, checking out so many cool things, while I'm here in the miserable cold. Not only that, but I'm deprived of mon tresor for that long, too. It's going to be so weird not to have him around since we've become so close in such a short period of time, and we've been spending a lot of time together.

In a way though, I'm glad he's going before me so that he can tell me what to expect for when I do go...eventually. It's still way up high on my priority list. And I will absolutely be going to India before I do a Masters program, because that's the goal I made for myself. Besides, I'm not in a huge huge rush to do my Masters since I haven't fully decided which field for surely I want to specialize in.

Anyway, I thought I should clarify the situation for people who may have been wondering why I was still in Regina and not in India walking around in dusty sandals with a 60-litre backpack on, as had been my intention for such a long time.

That's the word though.
Keep it real!

No comments: